Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Alphabasic music centre comes to an end :( 

Post Alphabasic music centre comes to an end :(
http://www.bennjordan.com/blog/?p=530

I'm very sad to hear this. Such a shame. People do silly things sometimes for a number of reasons, that's a given... but ... there is a line. Quite simply, Nissa is a thief. Aside from taking the alphabasic music centers assets, she took your gear you use for live shows!?! Have her arrested.

On another note. It's great hearing you talk so passionately about giving to the community, and how you've felt about your career as a whole. But, Benn, let me tell you something as an epic fan of yours, I have to disagree with this (forgive the out of context quote):

"That was because I felt like I wasn't doing anything that mattered. A police officer, a nurse, a janitor. I viewed all of these professions as superior to mine, for they were making a tangible difference in the world"

I understand where you are coming from, and yes the world needs people to do those jobs, but the world needs music too. I think you underestimate how much of a difference you make to peoples lives, just with the music you give them. Perhaps you don't get to see the direct impact so much, but it's there. Music makes people happy, you're in the happy business. Music lifts people up and gets them through tough times, music stimulates and creates emotion. Music drives people on, it creates memories, it saves people who are struggling, it inspires and helps give people their own purpose and belief - at least, only really special music does these things.

For me I cannot describe enough how grateful I am for every single album you've made. The tangible difference they've made in my life is more that I would have dreamed. The range of music you create, it's rich and diverse nature, the way you go about it, the pure talent and everything that goes into it, its amazing - you are one of a kind for sure. For me there is no other artist that comes close to the impact your tunes have made.

Your charity ventures on top of this are the icing on the cake :) Even more inspiring to see someone driving to give as much as possible to the community. Was very happy to read how well the music centre was doing before its fall, really hope it can somehow work out in the future. If I lived on the right side of the globe i'd be there in a flash if I could help in any way :)

Thu May 09, 2013 7:11 pm

Post Re: Alphabasic music centre comes to an end :(
The whole situation is very sad, and I agree about the difference Benn's music makes.

There is more than one side to any story, so I would advise suspending judgment of anyone.

Thu May 09, 2013 8:59 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Alphabasic music centre comes to an end :(
Oh man. That sounds like some terrible bullshit. And this is why the world can't have nice things. I really hope there's a round two for the music school and Benn doesn't have to deal with this nonsense in the future.

Tue May 21, 2013 10:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]