Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Help with a MC-202? 

Post Help with a MC-202?
Hey there everyone,

I recently purchased a Roland MC-202 off of eBay (bought it for parts or not working). The seller informed me that the problem was that the unit does not emit audio. After receiving and testing the item, I confirmed this and took it to a professional electronics repair store. I received word today that, after nearly two weeks, they are awestruck as to what the problem with the unit is. Therein, I wonder what the problem is myself, and I simply decided I'd ask all of you who browse this forum.

Thanks in advance for any help..

- Jordan

Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:30 pm

Post Re: Help with a MC-202?
I wish I could help. I have zero experience with hardware synths. :x Someday, I'd like to tinker with them, though. Good luck!

Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:49 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Help with a MC-202?
Yeah, thanks for the response! I'm glad to know there are still people around here... I was beginning to think I was the only one that looked around every now and then. But yes, hardware synths are very cool indeed; it's a pleasure to own one. As of today, I took it to a friend of mine and we tinkered around with it for a bit. At a time, we were looking deep within the motherboard when we came across the VCF/VCA chip. The chip appears to be missing a prong. I left the synth with my friend overnight, and I'm going to go see if he's figured anything out by tomorrow. I'm just hoping that it is something as simple as a broken chip considering there's one (and only one) for sale on eBay right now. I'll update the thread here as time progresses and I continue to figure things out... assuming I do figure out. But I say again, Cloud Walker, thanks for the response!

- Jordan

Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]