Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
The Flashbulb Facebook page 

Post The Flashbulb Facebook page
This page facebook.com/theflashbulbofficial now says:
"Welcome! This page is a community effort and is no longer maintained by Benn Jordan himself."
Then again the Page owners are listed as Mark Hall and Benn Jordan (Subscribed) - and everything that gets posted seems to be surely posted by one or the other considering the immediacy of the posts.

Do we know who is actually in charge? There was some (very) over-zealous moderating of the comments on one of the posts earlier, and I'm curious as to why that would have happened.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:04 pm

Post Re: The Flashbulb Facebook page
I think it's Benn on that account, mostly. He posts Flashbulb posts on his personal account at nearly the same time. If it was moderated, it was probably because he was on Facebook and bored, or something. I dunno, just speculating.

Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:28 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

It was initially started by Unter Null actually. When she gave us control over it we decided that trollish replies would be immediately removed due to Facebook's nature of buggery. Nobody wants their phone vibrating every time someone chimes in on a flame war. If someone is weird enough to follow this artist that they dislike so much, they can troll away by making their own topic on the wall, or post here, or preferably WATMM.

Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:05 pm

For what it's worth, this is ridiculous. If people don't want their phones vibrating, they can turn off notification - it's not like there aren't fifty to a hundred comments on most articles posted anyway, whether they are "good" or "bad" comments doesn't make a difference.
I saw the comment, it wasn't trollish (at all) and a flame war wasn't starting. To think that one negative comment indicates disliking an artist is paranoid, and such paranoid moderation probably just pushes away moderate fans.

Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]